Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Adobe Air - Ubuntu 8.10 - Running Twirl

I love Adobe Air! Applications like Twhirl and Woopra have become an important part of my daily computing arsenal. Over the past 6 month I have been running Adobe Air alpha which wasn’t exactly quirk-less. Twhirl never saved my passwords, never minimized to the panel, and the window always had a black shadow around it. A couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to beta, I thought it was going to be a walk in the park, well I was wrong.

Simply downloading the beta version and running it will not work (at least for me). I got a permission error, adding a ’sudo’ or logging in as root won’t solve the problem either. So what we will need to do is completely remove the alpha version, install beta, and reinstall our Adobe Apps.
via hehe2.net publish by @Voodoologic

Great information for those who enjoy using Twhirl or any of the many Adobe Air Apps, and are running on a 64 bit system, The tutorial this is linked to enables the full use of those same projects on an AMD64 Bit System, Great Stuff and more is coming soon.

As an update, there should probably be some level of understanding how there is an install or uninstall, so by most standards this may be a bit advance, soon as I explore it further will offer better understanding of some of the things you may experience with Ubuntu 8.10 on an AMD64 System.

No comments: